Thursday, January 27, 2011

THE GOOD SHEPHERD





Two flocks of sheep shared the same pen at night. Early in the morning one of the shepherds opened the pen, and cried out ‘Marah’ which is the Arabic for ‘follow me”, and all of his sheep left the pen and followed him.
Another man, watching this, was fascinated so he borrowed the other shepherd’s cloak and staff, and cried out “Marah” – and none of the sheep paid the slightest heed to him! He asked the shepherd if any of the sheep would ever follow someone else rather than him. ‘Yes,’ said the shepherd. “Sometimes a sheep can be so sick that it will follow anyone!”

-                            “I am the good shepherd; I know mine, and mine know me. They will heed my voice”.

-                            Seldom have I seen a young person get into trouble without having being led their by someone else. Surely we must accept that the opposite is always true. Therefore we all have an obligation to give leadership.


No comments:

Post a Comment